How Magazine: Call For Entries
HOW International Design Award recognizes excellence on a global scale. There are several international design competitions out there, but HOW’s is the only one that prominently recognizes winners in its award-winning magazine, telling deep stories of award winning designs for the Outstanding Achievement winners and the one Best of Show Winner. Three widely recognized, famous designers are flown in to judge entries submitted in thisdesign competition. Winners span the globe and give readers of HOW magazine a taste of design innovation on an international design scale.
The HOW International Design Awards is now accepting entries. Winning entries will be featured in the 2013 HOW Design Annual, showcased in our online competition gallery and displayed at HOW Design Live.
Plus, One Best of Show winner will win free registration, airfare and hotel accommodations for the 2013 HOW Design Live conference – the biggest design event ever and an award to be presented at the conference. All other winners will get a $100 discount to the 2013 HOW Design Conference.
ENTRY DEADLINE: AUGUST 15, 2012
How to enter
- You can register your entry online or download a printable entry form. Be sure to enter all of the relevant information online or type/print the Entry Form completely. This information will be reproduced exactly as submitted if you are selected as a winner.
- Send 2 well-protected and unmounted samples. No slides or digital images on disk please.
- Credit all persons involved in the creation of the piece. HOW isn’t responsible for incorrect, illegible or incomplete credit information.
- Describe the objective and the results of your entry in 100 words or less and include the description online or with the Entry Form (optional but strongly suggested).
- Securely attach a copy of the Entry Form to the back of each sample of your entry.
- If you registered your entry online and chose to pay by check, please include the check with your entries. If you are using the printable entry form, please include 2 copies of the Payment Form section.
Designs may be entered in more than one category. Submit a separate entry and payment for each category.
- Packaging (consumer goods)
- Gifts (t-shirts, tote bags, calendars, 3D promos, etc.)
- Invitations/announcements/greeting cards
- Identity (logos/ letterhead/business cards)
- Editorial-(cover, single article or entire piece)
- Annual reports/brochures/catalogs/direct mail
- Miscellaneous (style guides, complex promos, etc.)
Work must have been created between Sept. 2, 2011 and Sept.1, 2012. We do not accept videos, CD-ROMs, DVDs, websites or other interactive work, or digital images or slides of print work. All digital work is eligible in ourInteractive Design Awards.
- Single entry—$70 (stationery systems are counted as single entries)
- Campaign/Series—$100 (three or more pieces from a single system)
- Student Single Entry—$40
- Student Campaign/Series—$60 (three or more pieces from a single system)
*A campaign is a single project involving multiple components that are all developed and designed at the same time as part of a cohesive set.
- A set of posters and brochure that promote an entire theater season
- A group of related product packages that includes different flavor variations OR a packaging system that includes multiple formats like cans, bottles and boxes
- An identity for a retail store that includes business cards, hang tags and shopping bags
All entries must be registered online or postmarked no later than August 15, 2012. Online entries must be completed before 11:59 p.m. EST.
We accept payment by credit card or check. Makes checks payable (in U.S. funds drawn on a U.S. bank) to F+W Media, Inc.. Payment must accompany entries. Entries received without payment will be disqualified. Entry fees are non-refundable. One check may be used to cover multiple entries if all entries are submitted in the same package. Credit card charges will appear on your statement as “F+W Contest” within 90 days of the contest deadline.
HOW International Design Awards
8469 Blue Ash Road, Suite 100
Cincinnati, OH 45236 USA
Other Important Information
Winning entrants grant HOW the right to reproduce images of their work in the 2013 HOW Design Annual and to display the projects at HOW events. Some winning entries may also appear on HOW’s website and in other digital and printed materials. HOW assumes all entries are original and are the works and property of the entrant, with all rights granted therein. HOW is not liable for any copyright infringement on the part of the entrant and will not become involved in copyright disputes. If you wish to be notified of the receipt of your entry, please ship your entries via a method that can be tracked through the shipper (Ex. FedEx, UPS, USPS Priority). HOW will notify winners by November 31, 2011 after judging is complete. No entries will be returned.
Occasionally, we make portions of our customer list available to other companies so they may contact you about products and services that may be of interest to you. If you prefer we withhold your name, simply send a note with your name, address and the competition name to:
F+W Media, Inc.
10151 Carver Road, Suite 200
Blue Ash, OH 45242
If you have additional questions, e-mail us at HOWemail@example.com.
Online Contest Software provided by WizeHive