About Photo Hack Day
The original Photo Hack Day was the first image-centric hackathon that brought together the brightest minds in photography, photo-editing, web design, computer science, and more. In 24 hours, over 200 developers put together an impressive 43 hacks with APIs contributed from 25 companies — a full day display of burgeoning talent in the New York City tech community.
Six months later, we’re back with another open call to developers and designers. On February 25-26, 2012, Aviary is throwing Photo Hack Day 2 with our partners at General Assembly, and we want all of you to come.
Who: Our friends, old and new, in the photo space
What: Another full weekend of photo-centric badassery
When & Where: Feb. 25-26, 2012 @ General Assembly
Why: …Why not?
We’ll be keeping all the good stuff the same.
- Awesome APIs and developers from equally awesome companies
- Demonstrations of available APIs, office hours, workshops
- Food and drink aplenty: meals and midnight snacks for all participants
- Lots of sweet prizes
- Lots of sweet prize money
- Evening activities, including but not limited to:
- Games, contests, prizes (may or may not revolve around leftover food)
- Food and drink
- Ample opportunity for developers to meet, collaborate, and demonstrate their coding prowess in front of company representatives and enthusiastic Demo Day attendees
- An industry-leading panel of judges
That being said, we learned plenty from throwing the first Photo Hack Day. The team has tons of ideas about what we’d like to do (and more importantly, do better) the next time around.
We’re hell-bent on making the new stuff even more awesome.
- Additional emphasis on mobile applications to draw more mobile developers
- A fireside chat with amazing panelists (To be announced! Trust us, it’s worth the wait.)
That’s hardly it — we’re just getting started!
More surprises and general badassery as the date approaches…
REGISTER HERE: Photo Hack Day 2
These tickets are good for the entire event, you will get to build and watch demos. Do not register as a hacker if you aren’t going to build.
These tickets are only good for demos on Sunday and don’t require you to build over the weekend.
There are two types of tickets for this event. Choose ‘Photo Hacker – I will create a photo hack’ if you will be attending the entire event and will create a photo hack. Choose ‘Demos – Sunday only’ if you won’t be creating a hack, but want to see the demos that start at 2PM on Sunday.
Space for this event is limited so we can’t guarantee everyone a spot. We’ll try to keep things on a first come, first served basis, whilst at the same time ensuring that we have a good mix of people who are prepared to build something or contribute in some other valuable way. We’ll send out a confirmation email as the date approaches and will accommodate as many hackers as we can.
More info can be found here: Photohackday.org